UACCB hosting career fair | Business
Looking for a job? Then look to the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville.
On Wednesday, March 13, from 10 a.m. to noon the college will host its a community career fair.
Several local and regional companies will be in Independence Hall offering an array of opportunities for career seekers
This year’s career fair includes the following companies and employers:
- Ambassador Personnel
- Arkansas Army National Guard
- Arkansas Department of Education – Teacher Recruitment
- Arkansas Department of Human Services
- Arkansas Rehabilitative Services
- Arkansas State Police
- Arkansas State University Small Business Department
- Arkansas Workforce Center
- Bad Boy Mowers
- Caring Hands Hospice
- Flowers Baking Company
- Home Depot
- LaCroix Optical Company
- Liberty Bank of Arkansas
- Merchants and Planters Bank
- Network of Community Options
- Ozark Foothills Literacy Project
- Peco Foods, Inc.
- State Farm – Lonzo Wilson
- SubTeach USA
- Triple C Security
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Pizza
- White River Health System
- White County Medical Center
- WRD Entertainment.
Additionally, Ben Baxter from Arkansas Workforce Services will set up the
Mobile Lab outside Independence Hall to share resources available from AWS; UACCB’s Career Pathways Specialist, Calvin Taylor, will hold ‘mock interviews’ for participants to experience and practice the process of employment interviews; and HR Specialist from PECO, Mark Marsh, will offer short presentations on career benefits, insurance, retirement plans, workers compensation, Family Medical Leave Act, ADA and other common components of employment.
This event is open to high school students, local college attendees and anyone in the community looking for employment.
Participants are encouraged to dress appropriately, bring resumes and be prepared to network with potential employers.
Employers who wish to participate in the career fair or for more information about this event at UACCB, call Chris Dickie at (870) 612-2048.